Does it feel out of reach to own your home free-and-clear? Believe it or not, “California has 2.4 million households living what many consider a dream – being a free-and-clear homeowner, the third-highest count among the states, according to 2021 Census data.” How does this affect the housing market?
3 EFFECTS OF OWNING A HOME FREE
1. If you own your home outright, then you may be less motivated to move because your current housing costs are known and contained.
2. When you go to sell your home, you will be pleasantly surprised by a large “Net Seller Proceeds”. Seller Proceeds is the amount of money that the Seller makes after the sale closes.
3. You might be tempted to keep the house in the family. Sometimes when a family member passes away, a house that is owned outright is easier to maintain. Otherwise, with a mortgage needing to be paid and an empty house, inherited properties might need to be sold quickly
Some people make paying off their mortgage early a financial goal, and different finance pundits have contrasting opinions on the topic.
What questions do you have about today’s real estate market? Do you have a friend or family member who needs help with selling or buying a home? Send them my way!
3 THINGS TO MAKE 2023 THE BEST YEAR EVER
January is the month for fresh starts, so here are 3 things to make 2023 the best year yet:
1. Declutter and donate: go through your home, closet, and space to find items you aren’t using. Donate them to your local thrift store or Goodwill.
2. Clean your house once you’ve decluttered. Deep clean the kitchen, bathrooms, and do a thorough job.
3. Get active! Make it a goal to go for a walk, run, hike, or get to the gym every day in January. Feeling intimidated? Even a ten minute walk around the block on your lunch break adds up.
We always love to hear from our clients, so reach out anytime!
Source: OC Register